- 1 15 oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 4 to 6 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- 2 T chopped fresh parsley
- 2 T chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, herbs, and spices. Blend in the chickpeas, tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions, stirring so that the salad is evenly covered with dressing.
Chill for one hour before serving.