- 1/2 lb. orzo
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 C. chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 med. tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 med. unpeeled cucumber, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C. pitted kalamata olives, chopped roughly
- 1/4 lb. fake feta
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained
Boil the orzo 9 to 11 minutes, until al dente. Drain and rinse.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, mint, and seasonings to make vinaigrette.
In a large bowl, combine the orzo, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, garlic, and black olives. Blend in the vinaigrette, fake feta, and chickpeas.
Chill 1 hour before serving.